Bank of Batteries ?

Well, have a look at this most recent NASA Tech Briefs, and examine the article about CELL types, and when they become BATTERIES of cells.
BTW, "Battery shops" back then were primarily for the lead acid batteries of the time, and they were multiple celled devices. Their servicing and recharging or various other CELLS of the day, and the name of their shop were not related.
Care to try again.
Spurious Response wrote:

I merely wrote about what these things were called by the locals in my part of England during WWII. Whatever you might think battery shops were for, that's what they were called -- battery shops. People didn't give a tinker's about the technology; they just wanted their wirelesses to pull in the stations and listen to Alvar Liddel (sp?) or Stuart Hibbard (sp?) reading the news or Mr. Churchill (Well some wanted to listen to them; others wanted Monday Night at Eight or Workers' Playtime or ITMA or Children's Hour).
This is an English usage group and it's what I'm interested in. Hence my two-penn'orth.
Cheers, Sage

But even people from a.e.e have said "Spurious Response" is an idiot (or a moron or an imbecile, I forget which).
--
Al in St. Lou

Or some battery-like combination of all three, wired in series.

You are like a "cell" in one way. The number of functional neurons you have available to you for rational thought.

"Bringing you news of fresh disasters" as the 'Beyond The Fringe' crew had it.

in
not
Just as a gun "battery" is a collection of individual "guns", an electric battery is a collection of cells.
I have known this for over 50 years.
BUT when I want a "bunch" of AA cells for this and that around the house, I still just run out and pick up some "BATTERIES."
It's a game/battle that's not worth the candle.
nni/ snipped-for-privacy@nni.com says...

A single-cell battery is still a battery.

True, that's why Dimbulb is here.
--
Keith

Wrong. A single cell is a cell.
snipped-for-privacy@cleansignal.org says...

AlwaysWrong, as usual. A cell is the business part of a battery. You buy batteries, not cells. Though, Dimmy, you belong in one.
--
Keith

You are wrong again, as usual, KeithTard. A cell is a sub-component of a battery, and a battery is a series or parallel grouping of two or more cells.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28electricity%29
snipped-for-privacy@cleansignal.org says...

Stupid as usual, eh Dimbulb? You really are MassivelyWrong, always.

http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/battery
"...also : a single cell that furnishes electric current <a flashlight battery"
Try going to you quickie mart and tell Apu that you need a new "flashlight cell", oh dimmest one.
--
Keith

Which I already stated is incorrect. Do try to keep up with a thread, KeithKookTard.

I am also smart enough to know where to shop for my goods as well, KeithKookTard.
snipped-for-privacy@cleansignal.org says...

Try breathing, Dimbulb. Your neuron can't afford to be distracted.

You *are* the dimmest bulb on the planet, aren't you Dimmie.
--
Keith