Beginner Question - FM Transmitter

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents

My apology if the answer to this is blatently obvious. I'm fairly new to both electronics and this newsgroup.

I'm building a wireless-guitar-lead setup. I've found an FM Transmitter Circuit that sounds appropriate

Question: How do I change it from using a Electret Mic. to a Guitar Jack? I havn't used the mics before, and am unsure if I can just hook the guitar jack up instead of the microphone, or if additional (or removing) other circuitry is needed

Thankyou in advance

Lochok

Reply to
lochok

Hey, this is like re-living the early '60s all over again !

Does the guitar have a pick up coil or a microphone?

Anyway, just try it.

You will have either

Too much guitar input : (Overloading/Distortion). Try removing C3 &/or increasing R6

About right : (Deep Joy).

Too low guitar input : (Low audio). Try removing R6 &/or Add another stage of amplification, replicate the Q1 stage with/without it's C(3)

You just made a happy man very old.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^