FM transmitter

Hi guys,

My neighbors and I are going to be having a joint flat party. In order to keep the music the same throughout, I want to hook up an FM Tx to my PC, and tune in both of our Hi-Fis. (I realise this is technically illegal, but I'm going to keep the Tx power right down).

I have an old wireless kit for a guitar which operates at 174.1MHz which I want to adapt for the job.

I've photographed the PCB inside it:

I have two questions:

  1. Can anyone tell me if this is already a stereo FM transmitter? I couldn't quite work the circuit out. (the ICs are a compressor/limiter type thing and an RF op-amp package). I see that there are 4 wires on the input (red, white, yellow, black) which would suggest stereo.

  1. How should I go about re-assigning the frequency? The crystal osc is

14.198MHz (how come it broadcasts at 174.1MHz?!). Should I swap for another crystal? Or am I better to swap some inductors/capacitors? Incidentally, I tried tuning a few of the tunable inductors and caps, but there's not sufficient movement to get it to a frequency I can recieve on a stereo.

I'm aiming for somewhere around 100MHz.

Thanks in advance!!

Adam.

Reply to
Adam M

The sources of some of the best pirate radio gear is in your country. For some reason over here in the land ofthe "free" it is real hard to buy FM transmitters but UK has several kit manufacturers. Veronica is probably one of the most used.

UC company

Greg

"Pratt" is spelt, "P","r","a","t","t", and not, "p","i","r","a","t","e".

Reply to
Ryan Breai

Arrr Matey!

Reply to