Bench PS

Am looking for a good, read inexpensive, bench power supply. +-5, +-12,

0-20VDC, and 0-20?VAC. Has anyone ever used a PC powersupply for the bench?

Thanks,

Reply to
Jim Douglas

I have a PC supply on my bench but I also do a lot of PC stuff. You have to be careful to find one that will come up without a load. The $5 AT supply pcsurplusonline is/was selling will do that. You won't get 20v.

Reply to
Greg

What do you require with regard to power for the 0-20VDC?

and 0-20?VAC.

A variac might be your best bet.

Has anyone ever used a PC powersupply for the bench?

No reason you cannot, but you might want to fuse it locally if you are working on low power circuits.

Suggest you try ebay. Be certain to check out your purchase carefully, especially for load regulation and turn on conditions (i.e. +5 goes to +12 at turn on....bad for most 5VDC circuits).

Ken

Reply to
KWS