Big 'lytics in small quantities?

Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals. Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).
(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).
Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are non-stock, min order.
I want 3.
These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor involved.
Ideas?
Thanks,
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@bogusdomain.net
DaveC wrote:

How about a Panasonic T-HA snap-in? It isn't as pretty as the screw terminals but if you really cared you might make a little PCB to turn the solder terminals into screws.
For example Digi-Key P13224 is 1800uF@400V, 80mm high, just a little more than 3 inches, and in-stock.
Tim.

Look at the CDE web site for your candidates. http://www.cde.com/new /
They have an inverter grade (model 520C) http://www.cde.com/new/catalog/alum/#screw
What is your diameter preference? http://www.cde.com/catalogs/520C.pdf
Here is a good candidate:
520C192T450DB2B -- 450 VDC (500 VDC surge) 1900 uF 52.6 mohms ESR (max) 9.8 A ripple MAX 3" diameter x 3 1/8" height
Then talk to CDE -- they were selling direct via their web site -- then the distributors (Mouser being one) - complained -- so tell CDE you will have to buy Far East -- if they can not line up a distributor to place order!
Greg
Depends on where you live. Most large cities have "surplus electronics stores" where that sort of thing can be found relatively inexpensively. In Sacramento, for example, we have HSC Electronics and I'll bet you could find half a barrel of what you are looking for there.
Jim

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:07:38 -0800, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"

Haven't been to the Sacramento store but their other place near San Jose had a good selection in October when we were over in the US.
Don't forget that anything more than a few years old may need reforming or bringing up to voltage gently before using.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
DaveC wrote:

Is there a surplus shop near you? I've seen some similar caps at Vetco in Bellevue, WA.
James Sweet wrote:

We have them on eBay under abeja.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku &C1971
Search around Newark. Surprising how many beer bottle caps they have in stock.

Newark was already suggested.
Try Richardson Electronics
http://www.rell.com /
They supply components to motor drive repair businesses (among many other unique applications) so they should be able to handle your request. Give them a call or email.
Matthew Beasley wrote:

We have lots of similar items on eBay under abeja.
Typical pricing is one-sixth of distributor cost.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073

Errr...sorry to ask the obvious, but have you asked all the electronics hardware stores in your town/city/area?That's because my fellow worker in our company, wanted to repair one of those phones that are used in multi-storey buildings, you know the ones that let you talk with the person that is at the door...Anyway, he needed a 50 ohm speaker with plastic membrane. and I could fine one in a store but it was 2 mm wider, and he managed to squeege it inside the unit, and more or less make it work again.I think you mean the classic 400 V/electrolytic capacitors?For my thesis in Kozani I could find everything for a valve 50 W AM transmitter...Yes...So, could anyone in your area have some leftovers from that capacitor?
-- Tzortzakakis Dimitrios major in electrical engineering mechanized infantry reservist dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

Why not the manufacturer? Or another manufacturer, with a like product. Lot's of these things are different only in label and cover. Some competitors even use the same vendors for components. Also, I have often won bets about what is going to be found on ebay. Have you tried that? I have often been amazed by what is to be found there.

Use one of these, on it's side:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Capacitor-Assembly-DC-Bus-9-400-uF-800VDC-New_W0QQitemZ320067769963QQihZ011QQcategoryZ36336QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem