Shim Stock (Small Quantities)

I'm looking for a small amount (about 6" x 6") of steel shim stock. I tried
MSC, Harborfreight, the usual suspects. They only seem to have in 6" x 100"
rolls or 12" x 12" sheet. Any ideas?
Reply to
Perry Murlless
Brownells carries some shim stock, not sure about 6x6", though. The pieces I have left are about 3x5" or so. Used for shimming scope mounts and the like. Check their website. Some real hardware stores carry shim stock, usually by the inch, you buy what you need.
Stan
Reply to
stans4
Brownells carries some shim stock, not sure about 6x6", though. The pieces I have left are about 3x5" or so. Used for shimming scope mounts and the like. Check their website. Some real hardware stores carry shim stock, usually by the inch, you buy what you need.
Stan
Reply to
stans4

Perry Murlless wrote:
Reply to
Tim Killian
You might try a hobby store for such a small amount of material. They have brass and aluminum, not sure about steel.
-- Tom
Reply to
TOM
specifically try out
These are nice assortments of 6X12 sheets. Many different materials. lg no neat sig line
Reply to
larry g
Cut it to size with a paper cutter
Reply to
HaroldA102
Yup. Works great for shimstock, and thinner sheet metals. Got mine from the estate sale of the founder of the Burlington Liars Club, Otie used it in his darkroom, and it's a little loose now. Wood parts didn't like the humidity too well.
Reply to
Greybeard