Branch circuit?

I'm working on selecting fuses for a control circuit. My source is

460/3/60, going to a 300 VA transformer, to a fuse, a switch, then to a motor starter.

Would this be considered a "branch circuit"?

I would like to use a time delay midget fuse, using the fuseholder mounts that come on the transformer. However, the specs on the midget fuse say "not designed for branch circuit use".

Thanks.

Reply to
Ed

I assume the power for the motor comes from the source and not the 300VA transformer. A control circuit would generally not be a branch circuit. There are of course more rules for electrical installations than what you will read on the side of a fuse. I hope you are licensed to do what you are doing.

Reply to
operator jay