Branch circuit?

I'm working on selecting fuses for a control circuit. My source is 460/3/60, going to a 300 VA transformer, to a fuse, a switch, then to a
motor starter.
Would this be considered a "branch circuit"?
I would like to use a time delay midget fuse, using the fuseholder mounts that come on the transformer. However, the specs on the midget fuse say "not designed for branch circuit use".
Thanks.

I assume the power for the motor comes from the source and not the 300VA transformer. A control circuit would generally not be a branch circuit. There are of course more rules for electrical installations than what you will read on the side of a fuse. I hope you are licensed to do what you are doing.