cables

Hi All, I have a question which i couldn't find the solution. And hope someone could give me a shout here. I am designing medical equipment which needs a lot of coaxial cables. And, i want to put all those cables (8) together into a bigger pipe. what is name or material of this pipe? I saw some company used it, and it can wrap all cables very tightly and closely, and look like heat-shrink tube. Thanks, Ethan

Reply to
hanwang78

You might want to look at multi-core cables, instead? eg DVI, SCART etc. You may find one of them has enough cores in a single cable for you - or at least reduces the number of cables to just two.

Otherwise you might want to look at self-amalgamating tape. This bonds to itself when stretched and wrapped around anything, including bunches of cables. If done correctly, it can look very neat and produce a watertight seal. The end result could be said to look like heat shrink.

Otherwise, you can get heat shrink tubing with an adhesive lining and a "zipper". You undo the zipper, put the tube around the cables (rather than have to slide over the end), apply heat and then slice off the zipper with a craft knife. The end result is pretty inflexible though, and best for a permanent installation. It is also pricey but great for repairs to cables where there isn't room to slide a normal heat shrink out of the way whilst crimping up.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Hello,

if you bundle a lot of coaxial cables very tightly and closely and when these bundle is bend in use a several times, you may get problems with the cables. The bending of the bundle will stretch and jolt the coaxials cables, this may alter the impedance of the cables and cause signal reflections.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Thanks for all suggestion, appreciate them. I will try hot-shrinking tubing. Yes- it may alter the impedance of the cables, but it is really a mess to leave cables what they were. Thanks again. Ethan

Reply to
hanwang78