I couldn't afford it.....

Sold the second time. I wonder where it will end up?
Regards,
Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton
A pretty persistent bidder and only a £170 camera in previous purchases, and a battery for which no feedback appears to have been posted. First registered with ebay Dec 04.
The vendor is well known and has a very large collection of collectibles, including antique electrical equipment. I think he has his own website that I was emailed last week, I'll see if I can find it on the factory email, if not it will be at home.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Prepair Ltd
The plot thickens on this one, chaps! No sooner was it sold, than re-advertised again by the new buyer?
What's going on? !!!!
Regards, Mark
Reply to
Mark Drake
Sellers ID is different from the buyers. They may be one & the same, or there may be a rat to be smelled? New seller is in Germany. Item listed as being in 'McHenry' (wherever that may be?), previously listed as Acot, Berks. 24 hour listing seems very odd. Identity theft, maybe?
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech
It is not the successful bidder at all, that one had (ciaran4193) 1 feedback point and nothing in the way of a track record for bidding, so it looks like it has changed hands behind the scenes, as this new vendor wasn't on the bidding list previously.
The requirement for pre-approved bidders suggests that there was a problem with the last auction's successful bidder.
Yet another wobbly auction :-((
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes
In message , Tim Leech writes
The plot thickens further - eBay has delisted it...
Reply to
Peter Scales
Quote:
"This listing (3879576280) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction cancelled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs."
Sounds like somebody was trying to pull a fast one there...
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes
Not so sure about that. I reckon it's a ruse to get people's contact details to do an off-ebay 'sale'. The seller may or may not be the real owner, it could be a total scam.
I reported a suspicious looking listing to ebay the other day, similar sort of thing in that it was an expensive item on a 24-hour listing, pre-approved bidders only, pics & details looked as though they may have been pinched from somewhere else. Similar to dodgy sales I'd seen before, often with slightly dubious 'afro-english' or maybe 'balkan english' text. The difference here, and with this sale, was that the apparent vendor had a decent established ebay record, but not in the field of the item offered, and the english wasn't bad. Hence my suggestion of identity theft. I don't know how the thief would deal with the matter of incoming emails, though I suppose if they get hold of passwords etc they can change all the details that ebay hold.
I asked for a reply to my report, heard absolutely nothing but the item was pulled.
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech