Electric Eel

Hi All

I read some of the topic about electric eels and just started thinking about how can electric eels generate so much electricity, I know it has got 200,000 cells that stores this energy generated. But the big question mark in my mind is how does it do that....?

Can someone help me out of this? Can someone please provide me some links that I can trust to gather information from......

Cheers Pankaj.

Reply to
JMATrivedi

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Hello,

these eels do not store the electricity, they generate the electricity when needed with special cells derived from muscle cells.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

hi,

absolutely uwe. your answer seem like how our heart pumping by electric derived by muscle cells also. Biomedical engineering - selective subjects.

tks

magic

Reply to
magic

Hi

Who said that to you, it cannot be true as I read on quite a lot of websites that it takes around an hour to charge up to the max voltage that it can dicharge, so what does that mean.........

Cheers Pankaj

Reply to
JMATrivedi

Pankaj, I think, and could be wrong, but it is the chemicals that they need to regenerate.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

Just to recorrect my explaination. Did you know that the specing center in our heart is called sinoatrial mode which is situated on the right atrium near the entry of vena cava? This part generate an electrical impulse (action potantial) at the normal rate of 70 to 75bpm at rest. Thus, heart has it own generation of electrical signal unlike skelenton muscle. So, what do you think? need advise if my statement is wrong.

My first ambition to be a doctor but I turn to be an engineer because I think this fields coverred man, human and equipment.

tks

magic of things

Reply to
magic