Cellphone in bomb: What does the assembly say about the maker?

I have no sympathy at all for those who built a bomb into a printer but do the photos show how ignorant they were about correctly assembling
equipment.
CNN showed a close up photo of the cellphone's circuit board used in the bomb. It looked bady mounted. What sort of person would bodge the assembly like that?
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/US/10/30/security.concern/story.cargo.upda te2.jpg
(That image is hotlink fron this news story: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/10/30/security.concern/index.html )
On a sunny day (Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:39:26 +0100) it happened nightbird

Probably a reader of this newsgroup ;-)
Jan Panteltje wrote:

From the Netherlands, no doubt.
enough left over to pay them.
On 20:07 30 Oct 2010, Jan Panteltje wrote:

This newspaper quotes someone saying it was constructed in a "profesional manner"!
The device contained a highly explosive combination of PETN and lead azide and "was prepared in a professional manner and equipped with an electrical circuit linked to a mobile telephone (SIM) card concealed in the printer."
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/8098808/Cargo-plane-bomb - plot-in-pictures.html?image=3>

Obama's people of course. This is a clear case of "Wag the Dog". The Dems are down in the polls and election day is fast approaching. They needed to do something to try and make themselves look good.
"Rich." wrote:

They could shit solid gold bars and they would still look bad.
enough left over to pay them.

That bomb looks like an idiot made it. I suspect Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnel, or Sharon Angle. I'm not ruling out Sean Hanity or Bill O'Reilly.
" snipped-for-privacy@sushi.com" wrote:

Yawn....................................
--
I'm not answering my phone till Wednesday.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:58:44 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And Miso can't even spell ;-)          ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
snipped-for-privacy@sushi.com wrote:

Really? Maybe bad advise on how Too! was given? Like what is found in here, many times! :)
Jamie wrote:

So, they took your advice? I wouldn't brag, like you.
enough left over to pay them.

Morons, both.

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:38:10 -0400, "hifi-tek"

I presume you mean Miso and Jamie?
You are obviously a gentleman and a very observant scholar ;-)          ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

That looks like a reasonable possibility to me.
I usually dont believe in conspiration and paranoid stuff but the fact is George Bush II The Dumb benefited a lot from the September 11 event politically speaking.
In addition this event had been an opportunity to reduce individual liberty and increase citizen surveillance (and not only in USA).
Terrorists are usually not very clever people but I dont think they could make such a poorly designed bomb.
This bomb seems to be made to really look like an amateur work to as much people as possible.

Are you guys trying to help them to do better? Hell, to make a point and show the world how smart you are, do it for them.
Bill
--
An old man would be better off never having been born.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 23:04:00 +0200, "PovTruffe"

Insignificant people, anonymous people... I'm being kind... Plonk.          ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

It should have set red flags from the start--who ships a low end laser printer to the USA? The shipping cost alone was more than the printer was even remotely worth.
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:39:26 +0100, nightbird wrote:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that this and the underpants bomber were phony setups for the specific purpose of whipping up anti-Islam hysteria so that the Washington DC paranoids have an excuse to further restrict American's freedoms.
The "terrorists" must be rolling on the floor laughing out loud as they watch America tie itself up in knots "protecting" itself.
America lost the "war on terror"[1] the day the Federal Government started strip-searching American Citizens.
Thanks, Rich
[1] Yea, verily, went over to the other side.

Absolutely true on the loss of the 'war on terror'...