Bomb cat in 1/32

Am doing a late tamiya 1/32 Bomb cat, does anyone do a 1/32 Laser designater set I can put on the plane? Also what LGB ;load is recommened.

Thanks

Stan parker

Reply to
Stanley Parker

Teknics, available from Meteor Productions, does a 1/32 LANTIRN pod with the F-14 pylon adapter. For LGBs, they could carry GBU-10, -12, or 16. The smaller GBU-12 was probably more common.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Tecknics at Meteor Productions - item TK32022, $14.99. It comes with the LANTIRN pod and adapter for the glove pylon. I belive it's made for the Tamiya kit, but I'm using one on my Revell kit and it fits like a...er...glove.

Recommended load would be 2 or 4 x GBU-12; the 500 pounders. I haven't been able to find any of these in 1/32...there may be some in the Tamiya F-15E kit, but you'd have to add the thermal coating for the Navy variant. You can also do 2 x GBU-10 - CAM Resins has a nice set of these, though the GBU-12's are used more often.

2 x GBU-24 can be done if you stagger them forward/aft on opposite sides

Rufus

The only 1/32 GBU-12s currently available are from Flightpath and they are the "smooth" USAF type. The Tamiya F-15E only contains JDAMS, GBU-28s, and GBU-10s.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Yeah...and the Flightpath ones are pricey...how about GBU-16's in 1/32?

Reply to
Rufus

The only 1/32 GBU-16s are in the new Tamiya F-14A Black Knights release. They lack the rough coating.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

I sense a niche in the aftermarket which needs filling...

Reply to
Rufus
1/32 GBU-12s and GBU-16s have been a niche that has needed filling for many, many years.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

I've thought about hacking up some -16's...the CCU and airfoil group are the same for the -10 and -16, aren't they? I have a set of CAM GBU-10's

- I could get some Mk83's and use those bomb bodies and the CCU and tail kits from the GBU-10's.

We'll see how desperate I get...

Reply to
Rufus

Actually, after I posted, I saw the Black Box has just announced 1/32 GBU-12s and GBU-16s with the thermal coating. Available in May.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

HAH!!! Ask, and ye shall receive! And just in time, too.

Reply to
Rufus

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Stan Parker "Rufus" wrote in message news:Xb_ic.35256$w96.2535169@attbi_s54... HAH!!! Ask, and ye shall receive! And just in time, too.