Cellphone in bomb: What does the assembly say about the maker?

I won't go so far as to claim or suggest that. If there weren't already plenty of evidence that there *are* anti-American interests in some countries overseas who are using these sorts of bombing tactics on their own turf (or in neighboring countries) I might tend to believe you... but I think that Occam's Razor suggests that these bombing attempts are just a continuation of tactics that are already widely acknowledged to be in use.
More likely, in my opionion, is the idea that these were actual (real) attempts, but that the people setting them up knew that these would have a substantial negative effect on American interests regardless of whether the bombs were effective or not. The mere fact that the bombs got onto planes, causes all sort of a ruckus, which ties up expensive resources in the U.S. and elsewhere. They also whip up anti-Islam sentiments, as you point out... which (from the point of view of radical Islamists) isn't a bad thing, since it simply further polarizes the situation and pushes America more in the direction of behaving like an "Enemy of Islam".
For a rather light-hearted (but still very relevant) look at this sort of tactic, dig up a copy of Eric Frank Russell's "WASP" science-fiction novel (1957). In it, a single well-disguised infiltrator, trained in propaganda and sabotage techniques, is dropped on an enemy planet with orders to create as much confusion and chaos as he possibly can, by creating the *appearance* of an anti-government underground movement.
--
Dave Platt < snipped-for-privacy@radagast.org> AE6EO
On Nov 1, 3:57pm, snipped-for-privacy@radagast.org (Dave Platt) wrote:

They are real. They will help us in as much as they will spark greater motivations toward better sniffers, and all luggage will have to pass through the sniffer box. Good industry to be sharp at right now. Bomb and drug sniffing.

Does anybody here actually recognize those circuit boards.
They are not saying much about how it was supposed to be triggered..
Mark
Mark wrote:

LOL. You want an installation guide? Ask the FBI or CIA.....
Mark wrote:

because maybe it was just junk boards attached to make it look good?
The timing is marvelous..