instances in assembly

I have 2 instances of the same part in an assembly. How do I set it up so that when I change a configuration of the 1st instance the second instance instance follows and also changes configurations?

Thanks.

Reply to
Knotfreak

I think this needs an enhancement request check out "Re: Same config as component?" Discussed on Feb 2, 2005

You should be able to do it through a design table by having both instances in there and the second instance you setup the cell equal to the cell of the first instance.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Knotfreak, is it not an option to make a configuration OF the assembly with the parts' instances' configurations matching?

BTW, what's the most useful knot you use? Half-hitch gets my vote.

'Sporky'

CS wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

If you use a design table in the assembly then you can use in the instance number of the component instead of having two columns that have and .

Jim

Knotfreak wrote:

Reply to
Jim

That one gets a "Well I didn't know that!!" good to know thanks

Reply to
CS