Ceramic or Induction heating hobs?

I would like to know the advantages of using an induction hob over a ceramic hob? With any disadvantages. I understand that pans using the induction hob are more expensive as they
have to have a steel bottom Blair
"bm" wrote in message
I would like to know the advantages of using an induction hob over a ceramic hob? With any disadvantages. I understand that pans using the induction hob are more expensive as they have to have a steel bottom Blair I never liked induction heating in this application. Since you use the term "hob" I am assuming that you are British so I will refer you here:
http://www.electrichobs.org/tag/ceramic-electric-hobs /
Many thanks for your help

"bm" wrote in message
Many thanks for your help

You are welcome. I meant to include this link also but it got cut.
http://www.kitchenbuyersguide.co.nz/html/hobs.html
Tom
Thanks again Blair