colouring PCB's

I am making some pcb's using FR4 boards and wanted to color them before screen printing. This is just a hobby run of a few boards but I wanted them black. Has anyone ever or seen reference to say die or vinyl dye being used?

Thanks,

Reply to
James

We've done black solder resist before now.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

a fairly safe way to color a pcb is to spray using a polyurethane coating and then any color you want on top of it..pcbds are often surface protected with a clear coat of polyurethane..u can also try an acrylic conformal coat which is solvent removable..look up Humiseal co. in Queens NY aand ask them the same question..

Reply to
allana