communication

Dear,

I am a student civil engeneering and I have to make a work about the importance of communication in the profession of an engeneer. Does somebody has information for me?

Thanks

Wouter De Jans University of Ghent

Reply to
Geertdj

Yes, first take an English Composition Course. It is important that when communicating an idea that the words used are precise enough that the idea is received as transmitted. This would require as much knowledge of the processes on the receiving end as on the transmitting end.

Reply to
indago

In article , Geertdj writes

Yes if your bridge falls down / train comes off the rails/ lighthouse plops in the water/ road collapses because design errors were incorporated at any phase of the project life cycle because of poor communication you're goosed.

If your library has them :

The Professional Engineer in 'Society' JKP Publishing

Understanding Systems Failure Open University Press are good starts.