computer setup screw ups leading to computer not showing one bit on screen

I trried to do a thing i heard about called overclocking useing the set up before windows xp started. I changed the voltage and now the computer starts up and nothing appears on the screen. can any one help me with this and please explain in detail on how to fix this problem?

Reply to
jon

When you boot up, hold down the insert key and maybe the BIOS will revert to fail safe defaults.

if not, remove the cmos battery for 10 minutes or so.

Maybe if you tried a ***computer*** group, you'd get more/better replies?

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (known to some as jon) scribed...

Sure.

(1) Set the computer back to its original settings. Assuming your changes didn't cause any electrical damage (overclocking can certainly do so), the system should come back to life.

(2) If you don't feel that your computer is "fast enough," upgrade to a system designed for the speed you want to run at.

Happy tweaking.

Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Dr Squeegee, he needs to know ***how*** to get back to his original settings - his failed "overclock" has made the computer unbootable - he can't even get in the BIOS setup.

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Jon -

Because we can't see what is going on behind the blank computer screen, we really don't know for sure if the computer is booting or not. My guess is that it is certainly not booting to your OS but it may be processing the BIOS. Typical keys for entering the BIOS are F2 or Delete. I would start pressing one of them about 2-3 seconds after you press the power on button. Pressing either button repeatedly should not cause a problem. If that doesn't work, reboot and try the other one.

Overclocking should only be performed by an experienced person. You can fry your processor and other hardware by overclocking. If you get your computer working and want to try it again, I have a couple of suggestions. (1) Find someone who is experienced at this to help you or (2) read, read, read everything you can about your specific processor and motherboard before you try anything else.

Good luck.

Steve Lockridge WebSite Warehouse snipped-for-privacy@websitewarehouse.com

steve