ProE 2001 : Screen refresh problems when zoom/pan/spin

Hi, I have a Dell M782P monitor and NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 420 display driver. Earlier I had no problems. After I updated the computer with NVIDIA available on Windows Update, I am having these problems.

  1. After panning and zooming for a couple of times, one particular view seems to always appear whenever I change the view. Say, I have a default view, and then I go for the front view (the simplest possible to explain). When I go to this Front view, the default view appears. This occurs during the time between clicking the icon and the appearance of the next view.

  1. Similarly, when I rotate, until I release the mouse button, one particular view (random) will appear.

  2. I tried to change the graphics environment from the OPTIONS, from OPENGL to WIN32_GDI. Nothing happened.

4.When I change the background system colors from blended, to black on white, the appearance of the random view stops, but I can't see the model either. It just goes blank.

  1. I uninstalled the latest NVIDIA drivers and tried. No change in the behavior.

Has someone faced the same problem. If so, would you please let me know the fix.

Thanks, Prem.

Reply to
Prem Rachakonda

Prem,

I would go to the PTC site and check out the hardware compatibility list. Note the exact driver they tested, and then dig through the NVidia site for it. Set the card to VGA, reboot and then manually point to the certified driver, and make it overwrite 'newer' files.

Regards

Reply to
Pete

Pete, Thanks for the reply. I checked their website. They have little info. about the video card I have. I am not sure whom to contact. I had good performance before I installed these NVIDIA drivers which I have updated it from Windows-update. Uninstalling doesn't help.

Thanks, Prem.

Reply to
Prem Rachakonda

This was discussed recently in another Pro/E discussion area and it was determined for best results you needed to go way back to Nvida 45.33 drivers. I had these same problems when I.S. rebuilt several of our workstations. But grabbing these drivers solved our issues. Hope this helps you to...

Bob Alexander M.E. Sys Admin Sauder Woodworking Co. Archbold, OH 43502 Ph. 419-446-3221 Fx. 419-446-4978

Reply to
Bob Alexander