Crimp Specifications

I am trying to find an industry standard for crimps. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy

Standard? what are you going to do with them? Terminate? splice? Medium voltage? low voltage? would love to help but.........................

Reply to
Zathera

Might UL Std 486A/B/C/D/E series be applicable? "...compression tool applied..."

{They'll melt your credit card.}

--s falke

Reply to
s falke

Randy

I am trying to find an industry standard for crimps. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

W used a lot of MilSpec terminals etc that were specified. It boils down to this. Many crimping tool manufacturers specify a particular crimping tool for the terminals that they manufacture. AMP has the market to itself and their prices reflect this. There are some skills here that can't be taken lightly. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

I'm a UK based automation engineer. My company recently had to build a system to go to the USA. We were informed by our USA rep that we had to use crimps made by a company called either JMP or JPM... somthing like that......and they made sure our crimping tools were callibrated every few weeks. It was all somethning to do with the UL mark on that final machine.

We made several identical machines for the european market, and used any make of crimps/cable etc.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick