Brill Trolley Set Up

I am trying to set up a Brill Trolley display. It has to run point to point automatically. Can anyone point me in the right direction for help with the wiring?

Thanks ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

Try Here. I think the make automatic reversing units.

Bruce Favinger

Thank you. that is exactly what I was looking for.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

You can check out the one I make:

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

Mike,

Is it possible to set it to less then 30 seconds? The area it has to run in is only about 12 feet and 30 seconds is way to long.

ChrisGW

Reply to
ChrisGW

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

It's one of those nice little devices that only does one thing, but does it well. No sensors, nothing complicated. It just works.

Mike Tennent

Reply to
Mike Tennent

It is not going to be "cheap" but years ago I had Circutron make me up a set of boards to run subway cars.

It was for two trains, but the idea was this, the train starts either stage right ot stage left in a tunnel. When power is applied the train moves out and enters the station, where it stops, waits a few seconds and starts again, it then enters the tunnel at the othe side of layout, a turnout is thrown and it repeats the run in the opposite direction......... add nauseum and it was also configured to run a second train, but that one has to be operated.

I have the boards somewhere, and their setup notes, but never got the time to bild the dang thing.

Bill

Bill Glass

I've breadboarded a few of these over the years that are pretty much identical to what you offer. At your price I don't think I'll bother building any myself ever again. It would be interesting to have a means of 'slowing down' and 'accelerating' but that would complicate things a bit.

---john.

Reply to
John Haskey

You can do some rudimentary speed changes by putting diodes in a couple places before the stopping section, eating about 1.5V per section. My instructions refer to this method.

But my aim was to keep it simple and economic and doing it on the board meant $$.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent