Crystal load?

oscillation

It is my opinion that you can easily just use the crystal from the Irish or German vendor. For some reason that particular frequency is very standard in Europe and is mass produced by the millions. Very likely to be just fine. The high volume production lowers the price. I doubt that the actual frequency is any better than 50 ppm though, and more than 1000 ppm of frequency error may or may not cause problems.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

8mhz.html>

I generally agree, except that the 8.86723 MHz is no longer mass produced and rarely seen in any current catalogue.

It was a very common frequency though only the 4.433619 and 17.73446 MHz crystals are still available in UK RS and Farnell.

The latter was more commonly used in later colour decoders where the

+/-90degs subcarrier references are conveniently created.
Reply to
Mike Perkins