Dilemma of choosing the right graduate school

I went to a highly ranked engineering school for my undergraduate degree in electrical engineering. I want to pursue graduate studies as a working professional (I'm currently working). There are local schools here, where I live, which are not as highly ranked as my alma mater. I have a choice to finish my degree online (@ Purdue University) or attend classes at one of the local Universities (not highly ranked).

There are people here who have worked many years in industry. What do they think? Is the brand name really matter?

-A

Reply to
amad

Most important in getting the education is the student. The school, the profs, etc., become important only for the so-so student. A prestigious school my help open some doors that might otherwise be shut. In the end, what you are and become will be what is important.

From the tone of your writing, it is not as if you are trying to find a school doing research in a field of interest to you.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to