SolidWorks and Massachusetts High School Teachers

In an effort to promote math, science, engineering and technology
applications in high school, I received a grant from the Mass Board of
Higher Education in conjunction with MassBay College to supply SW
training and software to ten Massachusetts schools, teachers and their
students. The teacher does not have to be a CAD instructor. There is
an emphasis on basic geometry and algebra in everyday life with SW as
the tool. Currently, I have eight schools in the program and am
searching for two more. There is no cost to the high school. The
program has run successfully for 5 years.
If you are on a high school advisory board in Massachusetts or know of
a school that might be interested, please ask them to contact me at
snipped-for-privacy@massbay.edu.
Thank you,
Marie
Reply to
mplanchard
P,
There are three avenues that I know of to obtain funding for education. 1. US Govenment- NSF, NASA, 2. State funding - Board of Higher Education, Technology-based organizations 3. Local industry. At the school where you work, ask around and see if someone has obtained a grant and knows the process. Each school works differently. Some schools have a grant officier and others are based on the individual. In my case, the big push was math. Math affects every student, every day. The CAD tools became the application of math. When I left industry, I had know idea about this grant process. I am just learning, but there are funds out there, especially for math, science and engineering, not just for students but for the teacher as well. Regards, Marie
[...]
The North Shore is interested. One school in particular alredy as 2 'Cosmic Blobs' beta testers, as well :)
Reply to
rocheey

Site Timeline