OT-American flag offends teacher

This one involves an art project. A Salinas middle school student said her teacher stopped her from drawing the American flag, while another student's picture of President Obama was praised.

Tracy Hathaway said the art teacher at Gavilan View Middle School told her daughter she couldn't draw the American flag because it was offensive.

Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Let's see...what offends liberuls:

-The US flag

-God

-Prayer

-Religious symbols

-Honesty

-Patriotism

-Nuclear family

-Family values

-Heterosexuals

-Wealth creators

-Working for a living

-Responsible spending

-Personal responsibility

-Accountability

-Free speech

-Firearms

-Non-junk science

-The military

-Private schools

-Uninterrupted pregnancies

-Etc, etc, etc

Reply to
Buerste

On Wed, 12 May 2010 05:31:19 -0400, "Buerste" wrote the following:

The teacher is an idiot, but the child has obviously been Godwashed by her parents and/or church. I'll bet the flag, by itself, might have been allowed. What wasn't allowed was a flag inundated by God Bless America (TWICE, no less), One Nation under God, and In God We Trust.

It offends me, too. (God 'n I get along just fine. It's the religious freaks who try to push him/her on everyone most of the time that I have trouble with. Stormin Mormon and Amway salesmen, y'know?) The media have found another scapegoat to hunt.

When are you folks gonna turn off your TV sets and stop buying into the hype that they call "news", hmm?

Well, those offend me at times, too. Proselytizing, especially. May Thor's hammer come down on them for it. ;)

Nuclear power.

Unless it's their own.

If I ever get pregnant, I want options, too.

-- You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless, and the honest desire to help other people, will, in the quickest and delicatest ways, improve yourself. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry,

How in the hell do you expect to be controlled if you continue to think for yourself and hold your own opinions?

Further you frustrate people taking political polls because if you do not think like everyone else in column A or column B how in the world will these folks classify you?

You have probably been reading books again haven't you?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

On Wed, 12 May 2010 10:49:39 -0700, "Roger Shoaf" wrote the following:

Thanks, Roger. I needed that. ;)

P.S: Yes, indeedy. I'm an avid reader.

-- You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless, and the honest desire to help other people, will, in the quickest and delicatest ways, improve yourself. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wire brushes...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just how long does it take you to read an 'avid'? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And what library did you find them in? :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Cetainly none that would give HIM a library card! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:26:23 -0600, Lewis Hartswick wrote the following:

"She's in the aviary, studying trees."

Do you mean "In which library did you find them?", Lew? It was misfiled right next to Ovid in the local library, of course.

-- Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reading what? We might arrange a book exchange, I have thousands of novels.

Reply to
Buerste

Wire brushes imply actual physical labor. Libtards are offended by ANY labor...unless it's a (non)labor union.

Reply to
Buerste

Sure, but they prefer plastic brushes. It matches what passes for their personality. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"You may sit here in the waiting room or wait here in the sitting room."

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

So, you've already mastered that skill? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They do wonders for his legs!

Reply to
Buerste

To who? I'm fine with it.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Does he still blush when he gets a wolf whistle? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Offensive to idiot liberal art teachers. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Offensive to ideological subversive movements that have taken control of our educational system at all levels. Obviously the teacher disregarded the childs

2nd ammendment rights which can only be remadied by involking an involentary carrier change to spare future students the verbal chastisement this educator has in store for any pupil whos ideology does not align with hers.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic