Dimmer for 4V LED

I have a 4V, 0.75A, 3W power adapter (120V input) that powers a single LED that is too bright.
Is there a way to make or purchase a dimmer that could work on the low
power side?
Thanks
--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com

A resistor should work until you reach the point that the LED goes out. Without knowing the specs on the LED or the current it is running at I am not sure where to start with the resistor but I would shove 10 ohms in there and see what happens. Then work up or down from there.
Good starting point. Thanks.

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
On Saturday, 30 June 2018 22:28:54 UTC-4, m-m wrote:

If the starting point is 4V 0.75A the ending point may be around half this brightness or 3V @0.38A therefore the 1V drop @ 0.38A is around 2.6 Ohms 1/2W

Thanks for the input. Here's how I solved it:
The light appeared too bright, and I thought a dimmer was the answer, but it was really the bright white color of the LED that was ruining the scene.
I found a yellow photographic filter and that did it. The light did not need to be dimmer; it needed to be warmer.
mm
--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com