Doing our part to stop China

Well they may be shipping IT and manufacturing jobs overseas, but by God we don't use China made anything on federal jobs. The made in America (NJ) EMT fittings are garbage while the Made in China ones are excellent and are made from about twice the amount of metal. But we have to take out the China ones out and replace them with the New Jersey ones. For you engineers beware, if a corps job is under $6.5 million NAFTA applies, but for over $6.5 million there is a list of about twenty countries that are acceptable including Hong Kong, BUT CHINA is not on the list! And most EMT fittings are made in China. And they print CHINA right on the connectors and couplings - so there is no way out.

Reply to
Gerald Newton