Dryer hookup problem

Hi, I just moved to a new house and the dryer hookup box has two cables coming into it. (i.e. there are 2black, 2white(neutural), and 2 ground wires) . Both of the cables have 30amp breaker each. Can anyone give me words of advice how to make the connections for a 4 prong hookup. Thank you in advance

Reply to
kalin.ranov

Two wrongs don't make a right. You can't get there from here legally. What size wire is it? I suppose if it was 10 guage you could use 2 blacks a white and a ground, having 2 left over. Still not exactly legal but basically somewhat safe. If it is 12 or 14 you don't have a good option.

Reply to
gfretwell