wiring and transformer hookup help

Where can i get some help with wiring a dual transformer? i have given my son my old set but i have no recollection of how i hooked up the transformer to run two trains when i was a kid.

Reply to
marcmccluskey

Is this Lionel, or what?

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

What is the model of transformer?

If the two sets are connected by a crossover/switch/turnout, you must abide by "common ground" rules - & this varies depending on the transformer model. Types V-Z-VW-ZW-KW-SW-LW use the "U" post as common ground, and then it varies quite a bit beyond that.

Rpb

Reply to
trainfan1