ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) - who sells them, how much?

Who sells ECM motors (1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 hp) and how much do they cost - (over-the-counter) ?
Unless I'm wrong, they seem to only be available as integrated into
HVAC systems (furnaces) and maybe only to HVAC installers/contractors.
Are they sold to the general public- perhaps to those wanting to replace their existing AC fan motors?
Bonus question:
Do ECM motors radiate EM/RF noise, or back-feed noise into the house wiring?
On 12/21/07 6:27 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@Guy.net, "Some Guy"
How does an ECM differ from what is called a brushless dc motor?
Bill
Some Guy wrote:

Hmm. Other wise know as a DC brushless or AC motor?
--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought: