Electronics Workbench & Study Problems

I'm an electrical engineering student taking a fundamentals course. We're using Electronics Workbench for for some examples. And others are just the typical word problems. Does anyone know of any sources for more example or problems. Also practice test problems with or without EWB. The more practice the better!

Thanks in advance!

jim

Reply to
Imhotep

'Bit of a while since I used EWB, but I think Version four allowed you to producemost circuits in virtually the same way as you would lay them out on a board.

Try typing in a few of the classic no frill circuits strewn over every textbook. You should find that most do work. I'm not sure if oscillators have to be provided with a miniscule signal source to get them started though.

BTW if you have ambitions to use electronics in the future, duplicate as many circuits as possible practically and compare results. I learn't a great deal from circuits that worked in theory [and would in EWB] but failed in practice.

On a final note, could I suggest you get hold of PSPICE. This was quite a valuable program, and was of great benefit to me.

As for test problem, pick any circuit [start with the simple ones] and try to predict the current or voltage assocated with any particular component.

All Electronics is, is getting the right current through the right component at the right time. Simple isn't it? :-)

HN

Reply to
Hugh Neary