Hand made electrostatic machines

A friend has been building a variety of electrotatic machines - Wimshurst, Voss and Bonetti machines - as a passtime but has recently started listing them on eBay. If you are interested in this kind of thing, you should probably take a look. I dont know how many of these things he will list, I suppose it depends on interest as it takes time to build them. If you really want one its worth contacting him, he'd probably make one for you.

The machines are hand-crafted, and he really does a nice job. He is listing them at a very low price to see what kind of interest there is. The first devices he is selling are small but he has built huge machines in the past.

The very first machine is here:

The builder has a website with step-by-step instructions for building home-made nitrogen and dye lasers and other devices from scrap. I won't post the link here in case it gets spammed but I'm sure he'll provide the link if asked.

Sorry if this doesn't interest you, but he's genuine and I'd be happy to see him sell a few of his devices.

Doug.

Reply to
dml

Won't thank you very much if your post gets his ebay auction pulled for advertising (spamming) newsgroups. By attempting to remain anonymous yourself, you are inviting the obvious conclusion that you and your friend are one and the same - and that this is merely one person trying to get money by deception.

Which is going to have exactly the opposite effect that you (or both of you) want.

I do hope that you haven't repeated this ad in other newsgroups, or you could find your own account pulled..It only takes a few reports.

Reply to
Palindrome

nice :-)

This one is cool.

here are some patent numbers I had collected. (didn't have a chance to look at them jet, could be some crap mixed in)

?q=2094653
?q=2413391
?q=2519554
?q=2542494