Help on selecting a resistor for a 9-volt battery.

Just because you saw something the pentagon has on the history channel it doesn't say this particular soldier got one. Remember all the stories about body armor and GPS receivers that soldiers were having their family send because the DoD ones were hung up in appropriations on the hill. If this guy wants to build something in his spare time, who are we to say he can't. Bear in mind a lot of the things that we take foir granted now were originally made by GIs in the field because of a need unfilled by their own logistic system.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hey I'm all for innovation, and I applaud his improvisational skills, but two things need to be considered as well....one is that his improvised UAV won't be supported by the supply chain unless it uses "standard" issue components...

The second is having the best tool for the job. I wouldn't want to go into a tough spot relying on something that hadn't proved itself reliable....his is an early stage prototype put together with coat hangers and electrical tape....

Reply to
<beard6801

Or he can get something from here..transmitter and reciever...

<beard6801