Help with a Frost Free Freezer - How does Frost Free Work?

Folks,

Frost Free upright is running too warm (ca -10 to -15C), otherwise it seems to be running okay.

Despite a website's best attempt to persuade me to bin the defrost timer

I've just had it in pieces and demonstrated its working fine.

I'm about to move on to the defrost heater and defrost stat but thought I would ask the question as to how the Frost Free works? When I try it, the temperature quite quickly drops below -20C so I would be interested to see a wiring diagram?

Cheers

Reply to
Mrs Wiggins Pie Eater

Apologies - I believe I've read everything that has been written about Frost Free, I'm now curious as to how the Fast Freeze works.

Does it simply overide the control thermostat? What happens about the auto defrost cycle, is this overridden? If the Fast Freeze works, does it mean the evaporator coils are clear of frost, i.e. the defrost cycle works fine?

Cheers

Reply to
Mrs Wiggins Pie Eater