problem with video to film recording

Hello all:

I´m working with video in Spain and I´m trying to discover which is the problem with a video to film recording system that we have.

We send the images from a computer to the recorder and when we develop the film the images are perfect if we see one by one, but they are moved one of them respect the other. I mean, there are two positions for the images. The moves is, in appearance, random. Some people has told me that maybe it´s a frequency problem because the system comes from Usa but nobody really it´s sure.

The system is very simple: one computer to send the images to the recorder via GPIB cable.

I have no found any person here that may help me. I hope somebody here may do it.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Sánchez

Reply to
7

That's exactly what it is. NTSC (USA) works with 60 MHz AC, and Transmits 30 ips. The European Standard PAL works with 50 MHz AC, and 25 ips. If your Camera is capable of being switched to PAL, change it from NTSC. If not, you'll need a camera capable of PAL format.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

May I solve the problem with a frequency 50 to 60hz converter?

"Jackcsg" escribió en el mensaje news:PijIb.45541$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
7

As long as everything is 60 MHz it will work. Chances are that your PC runs on 50 MHz. Make sure your Software (capture device) can switch between NTSC and PAL. That's just as important as the MHz. It would be better if your camera could be switched to PAL. Matching the MHz is ok, but you must also match the format. PAL/PAL, NTSC/NTSC, you can record PAL to NTSC format without much jitter, but NTSC to PAL will be extremely unstable resulting in missed frames/images of video. You'd be best to match the format.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

and I think you mean Hz not MHz.

Reply to
no_one

you need to change everything to PAL or everything to NTSC

Reply to
no_one

I´m sending .tif file format so I don´t think here is the problem.

The monitor that expose the images to the film camera is a CRT that makes three passes, for red, green and blue. He don´t show the image enterely, it makes a raster for each color.

"Jackcsg" escribió en el mensaje news:53kIb.45551$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
TERESA

I´m sending .tif file format so I don´t think here is the problem.

The monitor that expose the images to the film camera is a CRT that makes three passes, for red, green and blue. He don´t show the image enterely, it makes a raster for each color.

"no_one" escribió en el mensaje news:IWkIb.26383$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
TERESA

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:21:25 GMT, "7" Gave us:

It has nothing to do with the power line or power line frequency.

PAL video is 50Hz refresh, or 25 Frames Per Second.

NTSC video is 60Hz refresh or 30 Frames Per Second.

Though they coincide with the power line frequencies used, the two are not really related.

What you need to "convert" is the actual video make-up. So, what you need is a PAL to NTSC converter (or vice versa).

Reply to
DarkMatter

your right. Brain slower than hands...

Reply to
Jackcsg

OK. I understand what your saying but the three colors are being rastered together at a rate of either 30 images per second, or 25 images per second. A .tif is a single image, not live video. What format is your Camera (or capture device) which is capturing set too? If you are simply recording a single image to a video camera, through a software package, NTSC or PAL won't matter, it's a single image. Only if your recording live video the format will play a significant role in the quality.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

Not MHz , Hz.The frequency of the video system is based on the frequency of the mains.

-- Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Greece

Ï Jackcsg Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá óõæÞôçóçò: PijIb.45541$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:15:47 +0200, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" Gave us:

No, it is not. It just happens to coincide.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Hey I once said "amperage" too and got yelled at. Someone said it was not proper English. I always sucked at English, but know CRS is beginning to set in, and my hands are becoming self thinking aside from the thinker. Who'd a thought it...

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

Maybe I have no explained very well the problem. I´m going to do more explicit.

Still images from the computer are sended to a film camera through a monitor that rasters the image in three passes:red, green and blue.

The camera uses FILM no VIDEO so I don´t think the problem it´s in the PAL or NTSC...only if the monitor that rasters the still image to be captured for the film camera has influence by the NTSC system. But I think here there is no influence because it´s a still image.

Also each image is perfect. The problem is that not all the images are placed in the same HORIZONTAL position. Are TWO positions that changes, in appearance, in a random way. This is a problem in the theather projection.

Anyone has opinion about what it´s happening?

Thank to all: Jack, no_one, darkmatter, dimitrios

"7" escribió en el mensaje news:28jIb.2303467$ snipped-for-privacy@telenews.teleline.es...

Reply to
TERESA

Maybe I have no explained very well the problem. I´m going to do more explicit.

Still images from the computer are sended to a film camera through a monitor that rasters the image in three passes:red, green and blue.

The camera uses FILM no VIDEO so I don´t think the problem it´s in the PAL or NTSC...only if the monitor that rasters the still image to be captured for the film camera has influence by the NTSC system. But I think here there is no influence because it´s a still image.

Also each image is perfect. The problem is that not all the images are placed in the same HORIZONTAL position. Are TWO positions that changes, in appearance, in a random way. This is a problem in the theather projection.

Anyone has opinion about what it´s happening?

"Jackcsg" escribió en el mensaje news:_qmIb.9687$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
TERESA

One more thing: each frames is shooted in 22 seconds. We are no talking about real time.

"Jackcsg" escribió en el mensaje news:_qmIb.9687$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
TERESA

One more thing: each frames is shooted in 22 seconds. We are no talking about real time. "TERESA" escribió en el mensaje news:%NAIb.2321033$ snipped-for-privacy@telenews.teleline.es...

Reply to
TERESA

I guess we all got caught up with the technology and lost sight of your real problem. If you were to send the same image to the recorder twice (or three times) and take a picture, does the "random" horizontal placement exhibit itself? Can you see the image on the computer prior to sending to the recorder and does it appear to be positioned normally? Can you tell what the brand and model is of the recorder?

Reply to
no_one

Are all the .tif files the same size and resolution? Even though you are displaying a still picture of a .tif file, you are displaying it through a CRT, which is a video format. There's a good chance your formats are mismatched. The human eye can not see each of the 25 or 30 frames of video per second. Even though it's a still picture, it is still being refreshed. You can't fit 30 pieces of a puzzle into a puzzle that is meant to hold only

  1. The extra five pieces are being put into the next puzzle making the second puzzle 10 pieces short, and so on. RGB will increase the quality, but if the format is not correct it could re-arrange the images. Have you tried any software which will arrange the .tif files into a movie before you send them out to a CRT or Camera? I still think it's your format.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg