How Do I get rid of DVD interefence?

I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am
radios. If the dvd player is plugged into the outlet(even in standby
mode, switch off) I get a tremendous amount of static on my am
channels. But if I unplug the dvd player static or interefence stops.
How can I correct this problem?
Larry
Reply to
Larry Von
In article , Larry V> I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am
The fast waveforms created by digital processes getting into your DVD player. Check the player to see if it meets FCC regulations.
If the player is radiating, that can be difficult to suppress. If the interference is conducted via the power line, you might be able to put filters where the player plugs in.
Do you get AM nois from your DFL's?
Bill
Reply to
Salmon Egg
You start by reading:
Reply to
Twayne
In article , Larry V> I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am
If it only affects weak stations, there may be nothing wrong with the DVD player. (That is, it might meet FCC specs, though perhaps barely.) If it's loud on AM stations that normally come in clear, it's probably defective and/or violating FCC specs for either radiated or conducted RFI. If it's conducted, you may be able to fix it with a line filter. If it's radiated, you can't fix it without really digging in, and it's not worth that except as a perhaps interesting exercise in engineering.
If it's a new unit, you should return it to where you bought it and buy a better unit.
Reply to
Hugh Gibbons