Indians predated Newton 'discovery' by 250 years

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

This will happen again. Superstitions will eventually cause the downfall of mobile telephone masts, cessation of sales of microwave ovens, mass poisoning due to untreated 'organic' food stuffs, failure to build more electrical generation plants, inability of countries to defend themselves against dangerous other countries etc...
This planet will only be green when mankind is annilated, and it seems _that_ is the ultimate aim of the 'superstitions' brigade. And no, I'm not talking religion.... No, it's something far worse.... ;-(
-- Adrian C
I didn't do much more than "glance" at the article.
BUT, it seems that this had do to with "infinite series."
I never associated Newton with "infinite series." Moreover, while "infinite series" and limits (which aren't the same) are studied in most Calc. courses, Calculus doesn't "depend" upon these series for most "practical" applications.
But, hey, if it makes some Indians happy, go for it!