Another Ancestor

The highlight of the extensive fossil trove was a female skeleton a million years older than the iconic bones of Lucy, the primitive female figure that has long symbolized humankind's beginnings.

An international research team led by paleoanthropologist Tim White at the University of California, Berkeley, unveiled on Thursday remains from 36 males, females and young of an ancient prehuman species called Ardipithecus ramidus, unearthed in the Awash region of Ethiopia starting in 1994. The creatures take their scientific name from the word for "root" in the local Afar language. They aren't the oldest known fossils of hominids -- as prehuman species and their relatives are called -- but constitute the most complete set discovered so far.

"It is not a chimp, and it is not human," said Dr. White. "It gives us a new perspective on our origins. We opened a time capsule from a time and place that we knew nothing about." ]

Fundies will still claim that water flows uphill .....

Looks a lot like gummer.

Reply to
Cliff

[...]

Looks a lot like gummer & other wingers. " ... small-brained creatures ..."

Reply to
Cliff

And Libs will still claim Lucy was the mother of us all...

Reply to
robert bowman

Cliff inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

As I understand it, the fossil is not a new species but rather a more complete example of an earlier finding that was just part of a foot or leg bone.

But it does display some type of transition to homosapiens sapiens.

Reply to
Darrell Stec

It's probably a lib that led it's tribe to extinction.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Clearly some wingers survived, fed & cared for by the liberals. Sadly the education plans gang aft agley.

Reply to
Cliff

Winston_Smith inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

If that is true than Christian nations are doomed. Joshua was as liberal as he could be. According to the story, he was even hung on a stake for his political/social liberalism.

Therefore if you live in the US, you can be thankful we are not a Christian nation, else according to your opinion we will become extinct.

Reply to
Darrell Stec

A famed wino? Always with the wine !!! No beer?

Reply to
Cliff

Will NBC be surprised??*

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our faith in God, as a nation..

NBC is presently taking a poll on "In God We Trust" to stay on our American currency.

Please send this to every Christian you know so they can vote on this important subject.

Please do it right away, before NBC takes this off their web page. Poll is still open so you can vote:

cncmillgil

Good find. Thanks for posting it.

Really? I'll watch this thread and see if your prediction comes true.

Reply to
HH&C

Damn, Winston!!! You sure have gotten butch lately... distancing yourself from libs like that.

Reply to
HH&C

Will you be voting to make water flow uphill too?

Reply to
Cliff

cncmillgil inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

Ever read the Treaty of Tripoli ratified by Congress? The NBC deal is a public opinion poll. Opinion does not necessarily equal fact. If they were around in 1200 and took a PUBLIC opinion poll about whether the earth was a spheroid or flat, how do you suppose it would turn out? Would that opinion have been a true fact?

Because the public might be ignorant of US history does not make their opinion correct.

Reply to
Darrell Stec

??

Reply to
Cliff

Cliff inscribed forevermore utilizing silicon chips::

Wingers are linear thinkers with blinders on. They can't tell the difference between some imagined straight line of descent from the bush (tree) of life as espoused by evolution.

Reply to
Darrell Stec