Inverting electrical box 180 degrees?

I opened my main breaker General Electric 100 amp panel I bought. The direction say to rotate the enclosure 180 degrees if it will be bottom fed. (WHich mine will).

WHy is this? If I do that the main breaker will be at the bottom which seems odd.

Reply to
stryped

I have no idea what GE says.

If there is a breaker that operates vertically ON must be up.

I agree with Don Kelly and James Sweet.

Reply to
bud--

It is horizontal

Reply to
stryped

The reason the panel gets inverted is to prevent the main feeders from having to pass through the entire enclosure.

Reply to
Rich.

Thanks for that answer. That makes sense. I just wish my main breaker was at the top instead of the bottom.

Reply to
stryped

Thanks for that answer. That makes sense. I just wish my main breaker was at the top instead of the bottom.

You can mount it the way you want. There's nothing saying you can't.

Reply to
Rich.