Inverting electrical box 180 degrees?

I opened my main breaker General Electric 100 amp panel I bought. The direction say to rotate the enclosure 180 degrees if it will be bottom
fed. (WHich mine will).
WHy is this? If I do that the main breaker will be at the bottom which seems odd.
stryped wrote:

I have no idea what GE says.

If there is a breaker that operates vertically ON must be up.
I agree with Don Kelly and James Sweet.
--
bud--

It is horizontal

The reason the panel gets inverted is to prevent the main feeders from having to pass through the entire enclosure.

Thanks for that answer. That makes sense. I just wish my main breaker was at the top instead of the bottom.

Thanks for that answer. That makes sense. I just wish my main breaker was at the top instead of the bottom.
You can mount it the way you want. There's nothing saying you can't.