Micarta & Phenolic

Hello, can anyone explain to me the difference between Micarta and Phenolic. I had a Engineer asking me today and all I could tell him is that are both insulators.

Also, who makes it? As he is looking for info on the properties of each.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Journeyman Electrician, British Columbia,Canada

Reply to
Dave

most larger plastics suppliers carry phenolic, and they have the data sheets.

I have gotten some sheets for cotton based and fiberglass based phenolic a couple months back.

Reply to
Hobdbcgv