Panel Sizing and number of panels in switchgear room

Question: I have a single line (one line) Diagram from a gas compressor site . This is one of basic documents for design. So in Detail design i should design switchgear room.i must say how much area admeasuring for panels.I want to know whats the professional method for this operation.Example: each measuring device (ct,pt) want one panel-mccb or moduled case circuit breaker want one panel - and ....

Can you help me from first step to last step of designing switchgear? how i can say size of a device ? (catalogue?) thank you. i can send you single line by email you send me an email with this subject "single line request" i send you cad2005 file. thanks email : snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com e o o t s 2 0 0 0 at yaho dat kam

-----------

Reply to
eoots2000

I wonder if you have the experience for doing this? Electrical designs are as varied as the days of the year. Some engineers allow for "value engineering", no plans for expansion.

If you have the one line the rest should be easy. See how big the panels, mcc's, and service are and then look up the sizes in one of the manufactures catalogs. Then add in working clearances and your almost there.

You do not design switchgear. You place standard parts into the pre-established sections that the manufacture has gotten approved for the use. Number and size of the sections depends on the voltage and the overcurrent device installed. The challenge is; with out knowing some technical information about the location any specific suggestions are mute.

Reply to
SQLit

Danger Wil Robinson! Danger!

Reply to
operator jay

compressor

I work for a consulting engineering firm that would be pleased to send you a proposal for our services.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Shymanski