Pin header connectors

Hi all, You know those little connectors used on a PC motherboard to connect the speaker, power switch, hard drive LEDs etc, the ones with a single row of (usually 2, 3 or 4) pins. What are they called, are they easily obtained from suppliers, and how easy are they to attach to a cable if I wanted to make up my own cable?

Thanks very much

Henry Hallam

1st year EE student
Reply to
Henry Hallam

Maplin,

have them under "0.1? Series Socket Housing", in various configurations.

You can also get crimp versions.

Easy to use - although you may find it easier, and cheaper, to salvage used ones and join your new wires to the existing wires and heatshrink the join.

Reply to
Palindr☻me