Power Grid Simulator - Consumtion or Generation

Hello folks,
Gridlab-D [http://www.gridlabd.org /] and OpenDSS [http://sourceforge.net/pr ojects/electricdss/] seems good choices for power grid simulation, however,
there is no module-rized documentation or implementation. I just want to s imulate consumption or generation as standalone activity without indulging into any other thing.
I would love to have something where generation model requires detailed inp ut and forgets about transmission/distribution/consumption. And similar sol ution for consumption simulation - output model in details - without any in put specification.
Any thoughts?
//ali
On 03/09/2014 10:12 AM, Ali wrote:

How are you going to get generation without consumption or consumption without generation? What is generated is equal to what is consumed.
I am saying that generation complex power is equal to the total complex power consumed in loads and losses.
Please clarify
--
Don Kelly
remove the cross to reply
On 05/09/2014 2:09 PM, Ali wrote:

It appears that you have started to set up a computer simulation and variables without actually defining the problem. You MUST DEFINE THE PROBLEM before you can start programming and set up some sort of flow diagram and logical structure.
1)What does the intelligent control in a single room need to sense? 2)Given that this is known at any instant*, how much added light is needed? This is the minimum at the instant. 3) Is the control in each room independent of the other rooms? I suggest that this is reasonable. 4)That's about it. type of light determines energy need for each room at the instant under consideration. Add them up over the day, week, whatever.
*I am using instant loosely- lets say a defined period -maybe an hour and average in that hour being used. We are looking at KWH minimization unless you also want to factor in the capital costs of sources rather than just operating costs.
That's a start
Don Kelly remove the cross to reply