Ranchoprene

Off-the wall question, but what the heck.......

I have an extension cord here that I inherited from some relatives. This cord has been around since at least the early 1950's, I remember using it to run power out to the garage to work on the '48 RoadMaster.

Anyway, this cord is 14/2 SO, and is just as soft and flexible as brand new SO, both the conductors and the jacket. I have seen quite a few rubber cords that got dry and stiff after only a few decades. I am curious to know who owned the trademark "Ranchoprene." That is the only ID on the cord. No manufacturer, no agency listings, nothing.

A completely bizarre question, but, I warned you.

Any old supply house guys out there?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
BFoelsch

Ranchoprene was an intermediate grade of Bronco Cable which I found very durable also. Have had about 100 feet of surplus Ranchoprene since the 1970s that has performed admirably for SO cord.

From memory, the premium Bronco flexible supply cord was designated "lead cured."

--s falke

Reply to
s falke