Re:best low temp solder

I personally use some french solder(mbo), 1 mm diameter, with 60% Sn, with my small 15 W iron, for small work, and some german (stannol),1.5 mm
diameter, Pb70sn30 with my 60 w iron, for larger wires.The 15 W iron has a cadmium tip, which is supposed to last indefinitely (I bought it in the 80's) and the other is from the 90's.
--
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
I've soldered at even lower temperatures with a low melting alloy containing bismuth, sold by Small Parts in Miami Lakes, FL, USA. This was a piezo button for a sonoluminescence experiment. About 254 deg F.