Re: NiMh vs NiCd batteries

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:32:04 -0400, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

That doesn't mean that the laptop consumes the full rated power of the supply device, dipshit. DOH! You wouldn't know, or couldn't declare unless you actually tested the usage of the laptop itself, and that ONLY while it is fully up, and in a charging cycle.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:29:09 -0400, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

No, dipshit. One buys a cell if it is a single cell device, and then proceeds to incorrectly refer to it as a battery.

Yes. If it is a packaged, multi-cell device, THAT makes it a BATTERY. If it a single cell, it is, in fact no more than a CELL.

You can look up the word battery in as many ways as you wish, but you will not find it referring to a singularity of anything. If you do, it is some other twits continuation of the bullshit.

Nope. A nine volt battery IS a battery. A multi-cell car battery IS a battery. An "AAA", "AA", "C", and "D" cell is just a cell. Even the button cells are referred to this way.

Just because you, and many others use the "battery" moniker to refer to a single cell, doesn't make it a correct moniker, you retarded twit.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:29:09 -0400, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

Actually, it is you that proved this very thing about yourself.

I provided correct information which nearly ANY educated person in the field knows to be true. YOU went with the lay person bullshit, and then stood behind it with your baby invective. Problem is... you STILL lose as my statement is true.

Single cell packages are NOT batteries.

My other statement is true as well. YOU prove that YOU are one stupid f*ck, boy... Every day.

Reply to
DarkMatter

My nimn charger shuts off automatically when the batteries are charged so I can leave them in the charger. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

On 08 Aug 2003 05:30:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.community (BUSHBADEE) Gave us:

Watch out, boy. I am in intimate connection with the earth. I could easily have a chat with the mantle, and it would oblige by having one of those smarter rocks *find* your house, from above.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Sorry. I didn't intend to insult your stones.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Just disappointed how ugly this interesting exchange had turned into :-(

I meant to get quick answer from the experts, intelligent & educated professionals ... I did get answers and created a battle zone, WHY ?

Re the 1800 NiMh vs 800 mAh NiCd I mean to ask why the full charge of the 1800 mAh NiMh doesn't run the same gameboy at least twice as long as the 800 mAh NiCd , which in turn does last twice as long as the 600 mAh NiCd ?

As for HP next generation Desktop/Laptop combo, all you have to do check it out at their site.

At this quality exchange I won't be coming back to this group as often as I hoped.

Sorry I even started this thread, or perhaps you will have found whatever excuse to blow your tops off.

SGT

---------------- "DarkMatter" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
SGT

You didn't create it. You simply stepped in the middle after the battle had been brewing for some time. DimBulb is the resident nutcase. He comes by the moniker honestly.

Assuming they're all charged completely, the batteries aren't performing as their ratings suggest. The charge/discharge profiles of NiCd and NiMH cells is very similar, so that wouldn't account for the difference you're seeing.

You just stepped in the middle after the war started. Perhaps you got a little from both sides. ;-)

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

It does use close to 72W DimBulb! The upped the power (from 55W, IIRC) so the laptop can be used while charging batteries. Doh!

...a rather easy thing to do DimBulb. Adding the operating current to the charging current gets it right up there. It won't operate on the older supply (same voltage, lower current).

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

don't forget to close the door on your way out.

By the way, what makes you think this group or any one in it owes you any thing. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

BUSHBADEE, I found your contribution to this group to be the least intelligent, rather ignorant self centred.

No one owes me anything and I'm not asking for anything. However, I am free man and will decide where I will spend my valuable time. Certainly not reading the junk you put out.

SGT

"BUSHBADEE" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com...

Reply to
SGT

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:30:41 -0400, Keith R. Williams Gave us:

You're a goddamned retard, boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:02:28 +0200, "SGT" Gave us:

He is a 70 plus year old fuddy duddy, full of retarded frustrations about his ISP. Of all the retarded things to be angry about... Hahahahahahha!!! It makes sense though. He chose AOL. That alone qualifies him for the retard moniker. Then, the stupid ass kept it.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Very sorry you lack the comprehension to understand my posts. Perhaps you should read my book, I wrote it to be understood by grammer school children., Or did you get that far.

Oh I just noticed the fr in your address. I did not realize I was communicationg with one of them. I think we have given you enough. We are still waiting for you to pay your ww1 debt.

If it wasn't for people like me your filthy vichey little nation would be speaking german.,

Do you need me to make it clearer or are you to young to remember the big red one. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

Yeah, he's a bit full of himself - him and that satellite bragging bullshit. Whoop-de-doo.

Reply to
Nukie Poo

They all say that. Be sure...usually just feeling the batteries after charge will tell you. If warm take them out.

Reply to
Gym Bob

I didn't notice any conflict until you started some.

Reply to
Gym Bob

I guess you should know about blobs...

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Oh, I forgot, he has a foul mouth to go with his empty head...

-- Keith

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

When you've traveled in his shoes, let us all know. There is still lots to learn from the past. I find much of this fascinating. I've seen much of what Bush talks about in industry. Fools abound.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams