retail space

I am negotiating terms with a realtor. The retail space I will be occupying
does not have all the power outlets I need. The following is a list of
things I need to "plug in"
72 Computers with 17" monitors
1 Full size Coke Vending Machine
1 Full size Snack vending machine (no cooler)
6 - 16 Port switches
6 - Servers w/ no monitors
6 - 12" Neon tubes
1 Full size fridge/freezer
1 Full size Deep Freeze
4 32" Televisions
I don't want to have breakers tripping all the time... What do I need to
request the property manager to do to upgrade the electricity to handle all
of the above?
~Chris
Reply to
<Twistedinbox
You will need a minimum of a 200a service. Your computers might pull close to 100a by themselves. You didn't say anything about a copier and maybe some laser printers.
Reply to
Greg
a couple ink jets.
So how many systems could I put on a breaker? Is it better to go with 30A instead of 20? eg. cheaper on wire
Would the power have to be upgraded? or would they just have to install a new box?
How many computers can go on 20A or 30A ?
what should I tell so that they upgrade to exactly what I need?
Reply to
<Twistedinbox
The NEMA 5-15 line cords will limit you to 20a circuits. Without kicking the "how many amps does a PC draw" tar baby I would say you should plan on 300w each and only load the circuit to 80% so say 6 or 7 systems per 20a circuit. If you actually have an amp probe reading you can get a better number.
Reply to
Greg
So would this work (20A)
1. Vending Machines 2. Servers 3. Switches 4. Neon Lights 5. Fridge / Freezer 6. Microwave / Coffee maker 7. Printers / Stereo 8. 4 - 32" Tvs 9-22. 74-80 PCs w/ 17" Monitors 23-24. Lights
Reply to
<Twistedinbox
That looks reasonable but I would buy the bigger panel (more slots) in case you wand to split up the loads a little more or want more stuff. You really need some real world measurements of your PCs since 75 times the error in our guess, adds up.
Reply to
Greg
Why not give the broker this list?
Sincerely,
Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc. 145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264
snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address) 614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips