Seek cheap mains generator to use in garage

On 2006-11-05 23:56:42 +0000, " bongo" <-

Unfortunately yes.
"Andy" wrote:

The cheap generators are usually about 700watt, you will not get a 1,500watt for 100GBP unless it is used/second hand. Typical prices here: http://www.diynot.com/shop/Power_Tools/Generators . A 1,500watt generator will struggle to power a 1500watt vacuum cleaner. You need at least 2000watt.

Makro do a 2,300Watt 13amp petrol generator for 100 + vat and a 1,900 Watt 16amp triple voltage (12v, 110v, 240v) diesel for 180 + vat
SoWeezy wrote:

I have one of the Makro 2300VA one. Its pretty good last a long time on fuel (large tank) however I just managed to snap the pull cord which is an utter pain in the arse, (I seem to be forever fixing pull cords on these kind of small engines)
Ed