Service info Tefal stean iron

I would like to discover how I can gain service access to a Tefal Avantis

130 steam iron which after about4 years has developed an internal leak. One security style fastener is visible on the rear of the iron; removal simple. Seperating the orbital cord protector from the plastic body has already caused some (insignificant) damage to one plastic component. The upper body assembly is now somehow hinged to the pointed end opf the soleplate with no obvious means of disengagement, mild force so far has failed. Clearly the wrong technique may simply result in further damage to plastic components which is likely to be significant given the position. How on earth does one approach such service tasks without special info. Given the multitude of very similar products whch must amount to thousands how would a service organisation cope? Any pointers or suggestions most appreciated. BTW iron is already replaced.

Pete

Reply to
peterlonz