SIZE OF INVERTER

We have to use iverter with the valve actuator as we have dc as our supply. I want to ask whether the size of 115V single phase iverter will be large or the size of 115V three phase inverter will be larger and what would be its reasons?

regards, tariq.

Reply to
NASIR

You didn't give any useful information. We need to know the type and specs of the valve.

We have no way of knowing whether you're talking about a home washer sized water valve or a 300 lbs chemical refinery plant valve.

Reply to
~Dude17~

Depends on the size (power) of the inverter. But a three phase unit can be smaller than a single phase of the same power if cleverly constructed.

Reply to
bushbadee

Respected Sir, This means that the three phase inverter of same rating will always be smaller than the single phase inverter of same rating. Would you please elaborate the reasons why it would be so.

regards. Tariq.

Reply to
NASIR

Glad to if you are willing to pay my consulting fee.

Reply to
bushbadee

Have never seen a 3 phase motorized valve, tough I guess they may be out there. If you need or could use 3 phase power for additional porjects a 3 phase inverter might be useful. What is you DC power V/A specs? What are the specs on this equipment/project?

Reply to
softh